Monday, February 20, 2012

Susan Brooks will be at Jan's on Saturday

Susan Brooks, Republican primary candidate for Indiana's 5th Congressional District (Dan Burton's old seat) will be holding a "Meet and Greet" at Jan's Village Pizza in Downtown Westfield on Saturday, February 25th from 1:00 to 2:30 pm. For those of you who don't know, Jan's is located at 108 South Union Street, just north of Keltie's Restaurant.

I'm reporting on this because I think it's a good opportunity to meet and maybe get to know one of the serious contenders in this important congressional race. It also represents a significant event for downtown Westfield--a chance for people to visit the Grand Junction area.

I recently met Susan at a Chamber of Commerce luncheon. I found her to be conversant on the progress that Westfield has made in recent years and the related issues. She seemed to be genuinely eager to get to know more people in Westfield.

She certainly has credentials. Former Indianapolis Deputy Mayor in the Goldsmith administration; former United States Attorney, appointed by President George W. Bush; former Vice President and General Counsel of Ivy Tech Community College.

For more information on Susan's campaign, visit her website at www.SusanBrooks2012.com.

Although I haven't yet committed to supporting a particular candidate in this race, I believe it's important for voters to get to know as much as they can about candidates and to meet them face-to-face if the opportunity arises. Therefore, I strongly recommend that you attend this function if you can.

KK

P.S. Don't expect to see me there as my son has WYSI baseball evaluations at the very same time.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Enjoying the blog!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the support, Sara.